Thursday, December 17, 2009

Gringo Chicken Enchiladas

Well it's been quite a while since I posted. Things have been rather hectic around here. And it being the holiday season hasn't made it calm down at all. I unfortunately did not get anything for Thanksgiving as I had a nasty bout of Bronchitis and Pneumonia. I was out of work for a week. And let me tell you I stayed in bed and slept the entire time, it was horrible. Then while I was out of work I got a message on facebook from a co worker that my shift change had been approved. So I went back to my 9-7 shift for a measly three days after being sick. My new shift is 9-5:30 M-F and every other weekend. So I've been recovering from being sick and getting used to this new schedule. And let me tell you it was awesome last weekend actually having Sat off. SO that's pretty much been my life. Not to mention hanging out with the fantabuous Jordi and Edwin. Seriously people need to stop moving out of state. I'm stuck here you all should be to. So today's dish has been brought to us by Rachel Roskelley Carter. She's been "bugging" me that I haven't made any of the recipes that she submitted. And let me tell you that I truly am mad at myself after having made this fantastic meal. I've been missing out.
Gringo Chicken Enchiladas
~ Rachel Roskelley Carter








12 Flour tortillas
1 lb cheddar cheese
1 lb Monterrey Jack

2-3 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 container of sour cream
1 soup can of water

1 can chopped green chilies
Chicken, cooked and shredded


(over 350)

1. Mix together soups, water, sour cream, and chilies.

2. Thinly coat the bottom of a 9x13 pan with mixture.

3. Fill tortillas with soup mix, chicken and cheese.


4. Roll and place in pan. Repeat until the pan is full.


5. Pour remaining soup mixture over top. Top with cheese.



6. Bake until cheese bubbles and melts. Approximately 20-30 min








And no I did not put the chilies in. I just wasn't in the mood for spice, but I can see where they would make the dish even more amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment