Saturday, September 4, 2010

Chocolate Pudding Cake

Well after a 3 day work week (which was proceeded by a 5 day staycation) it is nice to have a 3 day weekend. I am enjoying my new position at work though. It's really nice having my own office. And even nicer knowing that all my customers are having there cars repaired at my location, instead of me trying to track down what toyshop they are using.  Daniel and I have Elizabeth for the weekend. So I decided to make a cake with her. This cake is my own invention, so we will  see how it turned out. It is a result of my researching online different kinds of egg less cakes.

Chocolate Pudding Cake

     2/3 cup flour
      2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
1 pkg. chocolate pudding mix
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 TBS melted butter
1/2 cup milk
1/4 pkg semi sweet chocolate chips.














1. Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, pudding mix, salt, and baking powder.

2. Mix milk, vanilla, and melted butter.

3. Stir into flour mixture. Add chocolate chips. 

4. Bake at 350F for 30 to 45 min, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.






Nutella Pudding Frosting


3/4 cup butter
4 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 cup chocolate pudding 
1/2 cup Nutella
1/4 cup goat cheese





1. Mix all ingredients together.

2. Frost cake.

So right now I'm waiting for the icing to harden, which I really hope it does. Daniel and I have both tasted the icing and at least it tastes AMAZING. Elizabeth and I had a lot of fun making the cake. She was positively in love with my apron. And she was a big help until she dunked the apron into the mixing bowl. Hopefully this will turn out and taste good. 






***UPDATE***
Well we just got done with eating dinner and went on to the good stuff. While this turned out a slight bit more puddingy than I wanted it to, it was still AMAZING. It was definitely messy. But for something that I made up out of my head using only ingredients we head in the house it is something that I am going to make again!

No comments:

Post a Comment