Thursday, October 15, 2009

Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip

Update on last week's recipe, I still love it. Even though I've eaten the entire thing myself. Daniel took one look and it and said " No thanks, it smells really good though." And the only person that was even interested in trying it was April, and she couldn't eat it because she's vegetarian and I used chicken broth. But I have about two serving left and then it's goodbye to the pumpkin soup, although depending on if I have to work Thanksgiving or not it may make a reappearance.

Now for this weeks recipe. Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip. I must be on a Thanksgiving kick a month early because this recipe I have made before, for Thanksgiving last year. The reason I decided to make it again was because it's really yummy. And Daniel hasn't eaten the past two things I've made, so I felt I owed it to the poor guy to make something he would enjoy. And it gave me a reason to by myself a new toy, a shiny new blender!



Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Cosmopolitan November 2009
1 8 oz package cream cheese, at room temperature
1 9 oz package artichoke heart (no marinated)
1 cup steamed spinach, well drained
1/2 cup may
onnaise
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 garlic cloves
6 large fresh basil leaves

1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese



1. Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 2-qrt. backing dish2. In a food processor, combine the cream cheese, artichoke hearts, spinach, mayo, Parmesan, garlic, basil, salt and pepper. I used the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese that I had left over from making the pumpkin soup. Also I found that I needed to use a spatula a few times to make sure all the ingredients were mixing properly.
3. Spoon into the baking dish. Top with the Mozzarella. Bake until bubbling and the top is golden brown, 25-30 minutes. I used fresh Mozzarella that I'd cut into circles, tasted good, but not practical for dipping. I would definitely stick to shredded in the future.

4. Serve with crackers, tortilla chips, or toasted rustic bread.
Doesn't that just look good! And how about my new blender? Well so Daniel and I both like spinach and artichoke dip. So the dip is gone. And it tasted so good. This is something I would recommend wholeheartedly to anyone looking for a nice party dip. I would recommend doubling the recipe. I did that last year for Thanksgiving. It is supposed to serve four, but I mean Daniel and I ate it for dinner and we demolished it, so take that into consideration.

1 comment:

  1. Love your blender...you are getting to be such a big girl now!!! Can't wait to have some of this when you come home...(there goes my diet!)

    ReplyDelete